Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things
— “My Favorite Things”, from “The Sound of Music”
Yes, I’ve been remiss in not blogging. Like, at all. For far too long. (Except for posting about holiday and boudoir sessions, of course!) I could bore you with stories of why and this and that and promises that I will be better going forward, etc etc, but I don’t want to make promises. Part of my goals for 2013 are to just to do the best I can do and to live fearlessly. What I’d really like to do is post daily Instagram photos at the very least to my blog… that’s entertaining, right? Or of course, you could just *follow* me on Instagram, too. 😉 (that seems easier, right?)
But the good thing is that I HAVE been keeping so busy! And I find this post especially a wonderful to share, as it sort of all began (officially, that is) with the subjects of this past Friday’s shoot, so it’s like coming back full circle. Back in early 2006, a dear friend of mine asked me to shoot her little brother’s wedding a few months later. I had been a photographer in college with formal black-and-white training, did my own developing… I was no stranger to a film SLR camera. I had helped an ex-boyfriend (then also a professional photographer) with photoshoots and a couple of weddings.
But this was my first one. On my own. With my little Canon Rebel XT. And for a family so near and dear to my heart. So, I was so scared and spent forever getting just the right shots, editing and posting. Looking back, of course, I think I am 1000 times better now, but I’m so touched that they stuck with me all of the years since then and have had me document all sorts of family milestones too. So, when I get to photograph any of the members of this family (especially as we move into spring)… it’s one of my favorite things to do. I’m a lucky girl. 🙂
So without further ado, here are pictures of Amy, her son Alex and new baby sister Hailey, just 3 months old. (Dad was at work, so we’ll have to do another shoot soon!) We shot these at the fabulous Jeffrey Open Space Trail in Irvine, CA… one of my new favorite spots (especially the underground pedestrian bridge)!
Enjoy! Please feel free to leave comments… I know Amy and her hubby Joe would love to see your comments too!
This family has the best set of stunning, twinkling blue eyes you’ve ever seen! And, the kids both have a wonderful set of expressions!
From Alex’s mohawk (that’s by his request, by the way! Even at 5 years old, he’s definitely got his own style!) to his sweet disposition to his funny expressions, he’s hard for my camera to resist. And I can see lil’ Miss Hailey is going to follow in her big brother’s footsteps with big smiles and a sparkling personality!
So many big thanks again to Amy and especially her sister-in-law (“J”) who first introduced me to her wonderful extended family; to J, who saw the potential and believed in me a long time ago, before I had much confidence in myself. (Thanks, J! I wouldn’t be here without you!) 😉
I am SO remiss in not blogging faithfully. Life proves to be crazy busy and that’s a wonderful, wonderful thing to be able to say, but I *do* get distracted by what I call “Pretty, Shiny Syndrome” (“Look! Over there! No… wait… now what’s that over here? Oh… what was I talking about again?!”) . I keep promising to post pictures here and update my main website, etc, but it has yet to be done! I’m hoping a little downtime over the holidays will give me that time I need to finally bring everything up to speed across the board. I’ve been shooting weddings (as a primary and a secondary shooter) quite a bit lately, and recently did a couple of maternity sessions that I’m in love with. IIf you scroll to the bottom of this post, you’ll see some of this past year’s “greatest hits” from last year’s holiday portraits, but in the meantime… let’s cut to the chase, shall we?
In the same vein of running behind, holiday photos come a little late this year — but nothing we can’t knock out before the holidays ACTUALLY arrive! So, it’s time to share the deets. Similar packages to last year, new locations, but with a little surprise added. 🙂 Read on.
So… in what was going to be a surprise, I decided to make public, after all. While the price has gone up (only by $5!) for the first 2 package options, the 3rd package has come down by $25 from last year! I’m throwing in 1 FREE pack of holiday cards (25 cards) for every holiday session this year! The trade-off? In order to expedite getting your awesome images to you, I’m *only* offering image downloads (via email or Dropbox, whichever you’d like), unless you want the whole gallery of images, sold separately (approximately 30-50 pictures per session).
I’ll be posting the holiday cards I’ll be using shortly, but if you end up loving them, I’m offering identical reprints, as seen below. Makes sending them out extra-easy!
please note the following:
- session length: time for each session will be reserved as indicated based on the package you choose
- retouched files: in addition to high-resolution retouched files, I will also provide matching low-resolution, watermarked files for you to share on Facebook, etc
- download vs. disk: this year, I’m only offering the download-only option; you will be provided a password to download your files from Dropbox, or, I can email the images to you directly. trust me – this will be a HUGE time-saver!
- holiday cards: this year, ALL mini-sessions come with a bonus of 25, 5×7 (double-sided) holiday cards with envelopes, printed by my favorite vendor, and delivered directly to you! Optional additional sets of 25 are available for purchase as well.
- SUNDAY November 18th, 2012
Location: Santiago Oaks Regional Park, Orange, CA (2145 Windes Dr, Orange, CA)
Sessions available starting from 12:30pm – 3:45pm
- BONUS! I’m offering a day of mini-sessions in Phoenix, AZ again this year!
FRIDAY November 23rd, 2012
Location: Papago Park near the Phoenix Zoo (or) Scottsdale Civic Center Plaza; Phoenix, AZ
Sessions available starting from 1pm – 4:15pm
- SUNDAY November 25th, 2012
Location: The beach and cliffs at the Montage in Laguna Beach, CA
Sessions available starting from 1pm – 4:15pm
- SATURDAY December 1st, 2012
Location: Central Park, Huntington Beach, CA (the park area just behind the library and around the lake)
Sessions available starting from 12pm – 3:15pm
- SUNDAY December 2nd, 2012 (location optional)
Location: Downtown Orange (various locations around the Orange Circle), CA (or) Old-Town Tustin (Tustin, CA)
Sessions available starting from 12pm – 3:00pm
- sessions cover up to 5 family members & 1 pet; additional family members cost extra
- custom dates/locations available, but cost extra
- a 50% deposit is required to hold your session
- preview galleries will be provided within 48 hours; final images will be available for download within 3 days of your decision which final high-res files you would like
- love all the pictures from your session (of course you do!)?! Purchase the entire gallery for an additional fee (or individual images a la carte)
- holiday cards: I have gorgeous templates I’ve chosen and each will be minimally tailored to your particular set of images
- REFERRAL INCENTIVE! If you refer a friend to me and they put down a deposit for a booking, I will give you 10% off of your total session fee!